The Homebound Delivery Service seeks to provide library materials to Seekonk residents who are unable to visit the library according to the outlined criteria. Homebound delivery includes the selection of materials by library staff and delivery of those materials by library selected volunteers. All volunteers will be subject to a CORI check. Deliveries will be made to residents of Seekonk only.
A Seekonk resident requesting homebound delivery services must meet the criteria established by the library. A doctor’s certificate may be required.
- Permanent physical disabilities that prevent an individual from visiting the library.
- Temporary physical limitation that prevents an individual from visiting the library and which will last three weeks or longer.
- Severe mobility problems that prevent an individual from visiting the library.
- The Adult Services Librarian will select materials to meet the needs and interests of the homebound patron as determined by the submitted application. With the patron’s permission, a list of borrowed materials will be kept to avoid duplication of titles.
- A delivery volunteer will deliver materials to the patron if no family member is available to pick them up.
- A delivery volunteer will return borrowed materials to the library for the homebound patron.
- Read the information above to check that you meet the delivery criteria.
- Complete and return the Homebound-Delivery-Services-Application.
- You will be contacted to make arrangements for delivery.
Contact the Adult Services department at 508-336-8230 ext. 5130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.