The Innovation Center is always open during library hours!
Video conversion and 3D printing are available when programs are not in session to anyone with a SAILS library card after attending a staff orientation.
Contact us to schedule an appointment for an orientation to these services.
Innovation Center Calendar
Program space is limited.
Register online or by calling the library at 508-336-8230.
Creating & Converting
The Innovation Center features two iMac computers with access to Adobe Creative Cloud which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more.
Equipment and software are available to convert or scan the following formats to digital files:
- VHS and VHS-C camcorder tapes
A color copier/printer/scanner with a document feeder for multi-page documents is available.
The center also has a 3D printer, a MakerBot Replicator 2X, to print directly from an SD card or to from a download from the connected laptop. Objects printed with the 3D printer are a minimum of $0.50 and increase in price depending on the weight.
The best way to keep up with the many software tools used for innovation is through lynda.com. Lynda.com provides high quality instructional videos taught by industry experts and is now available online FREE with a Seekonk library card. New courses are added every week. Stop by during our monthly introduction to learn more about using this service.
Hardware & Software
- 2 – 27″ iMac computers
- 2 – Adobe Creative Cloud application suite
- 2- Apple iWork suite – Pages, Numbers, Keynote
- 2 – Apple iLife suite- iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand
- 1- Toshiba DVD Recorder and VCR Combo
- 1 – Brother color copier/printer/scanner
- 1 – 3D printer: MakerBot Replicator 2x
- 1 – Windows 8 laptop with links to 3D services
- 1 – Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Medium Tablet
- Equipment is available to SAILS library card holders, free of charge.
- Copier/Printer/Scanner printouts are available at the same rate as the public computer printers. Printouts from the 3D printer are a minimum of $0.50 and increase in price depending on the weight
- Equipment is available first come, first served, but appointments may also be available.
- Volunteer assistance with 3D design is available during listed times.
For appointments or more information, please contact the Adult Services department at 508-336-8230 x5130 or email@example.com.