The Innovation Center is always open during library hours!
Video conversion and 3D printing are available when programs are not in session to anyone with a SAILS library card after attending a staff orientation.
Contact us to schedule an appointment for an orientation to these services.
Innovation Center Calendar
Program space is limited.
Register online or by calling the library at 508-336-8230.
Creating & Converting
The Innovation Center features an iMac computer with access to Adobe Creative Cloud which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more.
Equipment and software are available to convert or scan the following formats to digital files:
- VHS and VHS-C camcorder tapes
The center has a 3D printer, a MakerBot Replicator 2X, to print directly from an SD card or download from the connected laptop. Objects printed with the 3D printer are a minimum of $0.50 and increase in price depending on the weight.
The best way to keep up with the many software tools used for innovation is through lynda.com. Lynda.com provides high quality instructional videos taught by industry experts and is now available online FREE with a Seekonk library card. New courses are added every week.
Hardware & Software
- 1 – 27″ iMac computer
- 1 – Adobe Creative Cloud application suite
- 1 – Apple iWork suite – Pages, Numbers, Keynote
- 1 – Apple iLife suite- iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand
- 1- Toshiba DVD Recorder and VCR Combo
- 1 – Brother color copier/printer/scanner
- 1 – 3D printer: MakerBot Replicator 2x
- 1 – Windows 8 laptop with links to 3D services
- Equipment is available to SAILS library card holders, free of charge.
- Copier/Printer/Scanner printouts are available at the same rate as the public computer printers. Printouts from the 3D printer are a minimum of $0.50 and increase in price depending on the weight
- Equipment is available first come, first served, but appointments may also be available.
For appointments or more information, please contact the Adult Services department at 508-336-8230 x5130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.