The Innovation Center is now always open during library hours!
Video conversion and 3D printing require staff assistance, either by appointment or during the staffed hours below.
Fall 2014 Staffed Hours
Before visiting, please contact the library to verify times below.
Monday – Thursday* 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
*Wednesday 4:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Friday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Saturday 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Creating & Converting
The Innovation Center features two iMac computers with access to Adobe Creative Cloud which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more.
Equipment and software are available to convert or scan the following formats to digital files:
- VHS and VHS-C camcorder tapes
A color copier/printer/scanner with a document feeder for multi-page documents is available.
The center also has a 3D printer, a MakerBot Replicator 2X, to print directly from an SD card or to from a download from the connected laptop. Objects printed with the 3D printer are a minimum of $0.50 and increase in price depending on the weight.
The Innovation Center includes a laptop with unlimited access to lynda.com for high quality instructional videos taught by industry experts. New courses are added every week. Please make an appointment to take a lynda.com course.
Hardware & Software
- 2 – 27″ iMac computers
- 2 – Adobe Creative Cloud application suite
- 2- Apple iWork suite – Pages, Numbers, Keynote
- 2 – Apple iLife suite- iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand
- 2- Ion VHS 2 PC
- 1 – Brother color copier/printer/scanner
- 1 – 3D printer: MakerBot Replicator 2x
- 1 – Windows 8 laptop with links to 3D services
- 1 – Lynda.com video tutorial service laptop
- 1 – Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Medium Tablet
- Equipment is available to SAILS library card holders, free of charge.
- Copier/Printer/Scanner printouts are available at the same rate as the public computer printers. Printouts from the 3D printer are a minimum of $0.50 and increase in price depending on the weight
- Equipment is available first come, first served, but appointments can be made for extended use outside of regular hours.
- During the staffed hours, library staff will provide assistance in getting oriented and started using equipment. Design services are not available at this time.
For appointments or more information, please contact the Adult Services department at 508-336-8230 x5130 or email@example.com.