Library Cards & Borrowing
Getting a card
To get a library card, you can register online and pick your library card up later or fill out a brief form in the library. Adults will need current photo identification (e.g. drivere’s license) that confirms your name and address. Additional information:
In compliance with State Regulations, the library issues a card free of charge to any resident of Massachusetts with proper identification and proof of current address. A parent’s or legal guardian’s signature is required for children under 18 to get cards.
We charge residents of other states a $65.00 annual user fee to get a library card that entitles you to all of the services offered by the library. If you are employed by the town of Seekonk you are eligible for a card free of charge; please bring proof of employment.
|1 Day||Museum Passes (fine $1/day)|
|2 Weeks||New Fiction, i.e. up to 6 months old
|4 Weeks||All other books|
- Most material may be renewed twice – by phone, in person, or by logging on to the SAILS e-Catalog.
- Items on reserve for other patrons may not be renewed.
- Materials borrowed from another library are subject to the rules of that library
- Items borrowed through the Virtual Catalog may not be renewed
- Requests to renew items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan must be sent to the Adult Services Librarians.
- All materials except museum passes may be returned to any library in the SAILS system.
- Museum passes must be returned to the owning library.
- You may reserve any circulating item.
- You may reserve items yourself using the online library catalog.
- Library staff will also be happy to assist you in person or by phone.
- You will be called, sent a text or sent e-mail when the reserved items are available
- Museum passes may be reserved online or by calling Adult Services.