The Library Facility Study Committee for the Town of Seekonk wishes to engage a library building consultant to review and evaluate a building program document that will be prepared by the staff of the Seekonk Public Library. The building program will include analyses and assessments of library services currently offered, the existing building conditions, the library service needs of the town over the next twenty years, and the anticipated site and building requirements of a facility needed to meet those needs. The overall objective of the building program is to provide a solid foundation for the proper selection of a facility site, the development of schematic designs for a facility by an architect, and a successful application for a state construction grant. The consultant will assist the Committee in appraising the completeness, accuracy, and soundness of the proposed building program, and help the Committee assess the utility of the proposed program in achieving the desired objectives. In addition, the consultant may be asked to advise the Committee in the selection of an Owner Project Manager.
Consultants should respond in writing and provide details on (1) the scope of the work that you propose to perform to satisfy the requirements of the engagement, including a time schedule with an estimated start and finish date , (2) a listing of your credentials and experience, (3) information about any associates or sub-contractors whom you may involve, (4) indicate any past or pending litigation pertaining your services, (5) a list of references from clients for whom you have provided consulting services in the last ten years, (6) your fee and an estimated total cost for provided this service. Proposals with any appendices or attachments should be mailed to the Library Facilities Study Committee, Seekonk Public Library, 410 Newman Avenue, Seekonk, MA 02771, or emailed to email@example.com . Proposals must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 in order to be considered by the Committee.
Selection of Consultant
Proposal will be reviewed and evaluated by the Library Facilities Committee with the assistance of the Director of the Seekonk Public Library. The Committee will make a recommendation on rewarding a contract to the Board of Selectmen for the Town Seekonk, which must approve all expenditures of funds appropriated to the Committee. The contract will be awarded to the party who in the judgment of the Committee offers the most competitive and responsible proposal. The Library Facilities Committee reserves the right to reject any or all responses to this Request for Proposal. The Committee will not reimburse costs of preparing the proposals. Responding consultants bear sole risk and responsibility for costs incurred in the preparation and delivery of the proposal.
Selection Criteria and Evaluation
Selection will be made based on the qualifications of the consultant and the quality of their proposal. Proposals will be examined and evaluated base of the following criteria.
- Understanding of the Project. Written information and proposed actions including a time schedule that clearly demonstrates an understanding of the requirements of the project. 10 percent.
- Knowledge of Library Practices. Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a detailed knowledge of library operations, library technology, best professional practices and state standards. 20 percent.
- Experience. Preference will be given to those with demonstrated experience with planning, needs assessment or grant writing for community’s with populations similar to that of Seekonk and with a public library with performance similar to that of Seekonk Public Library. 20 percent.
- Knowlegde of Library Buildings and Construction. Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a detailed knowledge of how library buildings are used by the public, major library building design considerations, and the rules and regulations pertaining to the Massachusetts Library Construction Grant Program. 20 percent.
- References. Preference will be given to those with satisfactory references from former clients to whom the consultant has provided services in the last ten years. 20 percent.
- Price. The final proposed cost of the services as outlined in the Scope of the Work. 10 percent.
It is the responsibility of those responding to this request to provide information, evidence or exhibits which clearly demonstrate their ability to satisfactorily respond to the requirements of the engagement. The Library Facilities Committee reserves the right to ask for clarification in the proposal if the need arises.
Please contact Peter Fuller, Library Director at  336-8230, ext. 5101 or firstname.lastname@example.org